You Might Want to Try Mediterranean Diet After this season.
December 25, 2015
Posted by: emobile
Category: Trending Issues
Mediterranean diet is a traditional and also modernized type of diet in Mediterranean countries (Greece, Southern Italy and Spain) which specializes on high consumption of vegetables and olive oil with a small portion of protein. Over the years, researchers have examined the importance of this type of diet and more recent discovery has suggested Mediterranean diet; first as a measure for weight reduction and secondly as the best diet plan when compared to some other popular diet plans. Recent research of Joseph G, ‘ compared the Mediterranean diet to a low-fat diet (4 treatment arms), a low-carbohydrate diet (2 treatment arms), and the American Diabetes Association diet (1 treatment arm). The Mediterranean diet resulted in greater weight loss than the low-fat diet at ≥ 12’ This was not proven on earlier researches. In addition to this new fact, the diet lower the risk of heart disease, certain cancer and Alzheimer’s disease (a gradual mental deterioration that can occur in middle or old age, as a result of brain degeneration which is the commonest cause of premature senility).
Being a highly recommended diet, it can be useful for obese reduction and control of calories. The recommended diet plan are as follow;
Poultry, eggs, Cheese and Yogurt( daily moderate portion)
Meats & Sweats (less often or none)
Mediterranean diet supports moderate drinking of red wine with a control. A cup of 148 millimeters for women and two cups of 296 millimeters for the younger men. Any consumption above this will increase the risk of heart disease.
Staying on plant based food could be expensive. However, It is important to choose plant based products carefully and according to our income. As effective as Mediterranean diet could be, it could be expensive and unaffordable to many people if not properly planned.
* Living on a Mediterranean diet could mean spending a little above of your daily feeding budget if not well planned. A cost of big apple for instance is N100($0.37) and the quantity(s) that will satisfy one differs from another. There are other vegetables and fruits which when consumed will give for fuller effect. Looking towards that direction will make Mediterranean diet achievable.
* Whole-grain and pasta products will keep your stomach full for a while and these do not stop the consumption of some handy fruits like carrots, apples and pineapple,watermelon as snacks.
* Beans cooked with palm oil and eaten with either Garri or bread has defeated the purpose of Mediterranean diet. Olive oil should be used for cooking. Olive oil helps to reduce low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels whenever it is used as a saturated fat.
* Replace ground nut with cashew nut
* Herbs and spices should be used to improve the taste of the food.
* Eat fish occasionally at least twice a week. Do grill, bake or broil fish for great taste . Avoid the habit of coating the fish with baking flour or yam flour before frying if you must.
* Avoid red meat or limit it to a few times a month . Also processed meat like sausage, bacon and other high-fat should be avoided.
* Low-fat dairy: skim milk is preferable for Mediterranean diet. Fat-free yogurt and low-fat cheese are also good inclusive.
More Information on sited reference
The America Journal of Medicine
‘Systematic Review of the Mediterranean Diet for Long-Term Weight Loss’
Contact us at the Consulting WP office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.
Everyone wants a doctor that shows you that you are important to them and not just any other patient or number on their filing list. At Emobile, it’s not only the Consultant that shows you this. From the front desk to the nurses station up to the consultant, that’s the experience you get. This is indeed a hospital worth recommending to so many and I have.