It was a broadcast three weeks ago on one of my social media platform , and it was a matter of life and death. I was told to rebroadcast the message but I couldn’t fathom how it could happen because it was a usual practice in my home. I didn’t listen to the warning 100% but I took a precaution by warning my immediate family even while I wasn’t compliant with it.

The story below could have happened to anyone. I wouldn’t have shared it today if it didn’t happen to me. I opened the hot water section of my tap to fill a bucket and while it was still on I felt the water from the tap to feel the temperature. You wouldn’t imagine what happened to me. What if I was under the shower !  Kindly read the warning below :


 ‘Please be STRONGLY advised of the potential risk and danger of electrocution faced in the use of

the bath tub/shower water taps and hot water heater.

 Last week, a vibrant lady just a couple of days to her 50th birthday, got electrocuted and died while having a bath in their home in Lagos. She was found stuck to the shower water tap, clearly being

electrocuted. It was confirmed that the problem most probably came from the water heater, where

it has allowed electricity to mix with water (malfunctioning water heating unit).

My candid advice and take on this is that all my loved ones, friends and persons I know do ensure

that the water heater is switched off from the wall prior to getting into the bath or under the shower.

 Particular attentions should be given to the use of water heater facilities afforded during short stays at hotels, friends or relations lodges.

Under no circumstances should the bathroom water heater ‘SWITCH’ be left ‘ON’ while having or getting under the shower or into bath tub.

Please share this important information with friends and loved ones accordingly. this is so real. Thanks


See also  Genital Infection after Child Birth ‘the risk of sepsis is higher following Caesarean section, particularly when performed after onset of labour’

Leave a Reply